Having a vegetarian over for dinner? Don’t worry us vegetarians eat more than alfalfa and mung beans! Here is a quick 15 minute meal that is not only pleasing to the eye, but is simply delicious
1. Start with any veggies you have in the fridge. While I prefer organic sometimes it just isn’t possible. Here I used garden fresh summer squash, mushrooms, white onion and yes frozen peas.
2. In a skillet plop in all the veggies with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Tofu! Yes tofu. Don’t be afraid, it won’t bite. Why because it isn’t made of animal. Ha! Cube up firm tofu and add to the veggie mixture. Saute veggies and tofu until peas appear cooked.
4. Big cheat secret. Too the tofu veggie mixture add Seeds of Change Simmer sauce in Jalfrezi. This curry sauce is a mild curry, so for all you ‘ I don’t do curry ‘ folk this one aims to please. If you’re a glutton for punishment make the sauce yourself.
5. Stop, look at yourself, you are making vegetarian food! GASP- Keep cooking, wait til’ you taste it.
6. To snazz the meal up even more add some naan, an indian style bread. Lots of grocery stores sell frozen and fresh naan. Pop it in the toaster oven at 400 degrees for 3 minutes and you have fresh garlicky naan.
7. Presentation is everything. Even if your food tastes like crap- which it won’t- if the plate looks good, people will think- wow this is good. Think of it as cooking with confidence. Fresh herbs will take you far in this life- I like to say- for this dish I choose some fresh chives and a dollop of light sour cream. Don’t forget a wedge of lime.